Monday, June 2, 2008

New at this


Looks like I'll join the bandwagon and see how this works. Now that summer is here I think that I'll have a bit of time on my hands. My immediate supervisor quit before the end of the school year so I am unsupervised!!

JR is 2/3 of the way retired. April 30 was his retirement ceremony. Very emotional. Lots of family there!!! Here we have my mom, Great Aunt Lena and JR's mom.


Both JR's sisters, husbands, nieces and nephews were there.



















Of course the girls were there, along with good friends. This is Alicia and our host daughter from Paraguay, Claudia. See who is hanging out with Bethany??


AW..... this is fun!














JR then signed out on "Transitional Leave" on May 22. He has been hanging around the house doing things on my honey do list, and Aunt Lena's honey do list, and Bethany's honey do list.... We are keeping him busy. He may get a job just to get away from the honey do's.

Let's see how well I do at this. It's been fun seeing others' blogs. See you all tomorrow maybe.


4 comments:

Sonja said...

Everyone is so happy. Isn't retirement great! Rob comes home so relaxed, and stress free. Life is GOOD!!!!

Tara said...

Only 8 more years until we get there! Everyone looks great!

Ryan said...

I hope you guys keep this up.
Let Dad post a few; I think he'd like it too.

Kay Hahn Casler said...

Congratulations Mary and JR! You all look wonderful! It is great to hear from you and see how the girls have grown. I love this idea and look forward to checking it often. Love, Aunt Kay