Friday, June 6, 2008

Our House

After 26 years of marriage and moving around, from Army post to Army post, living in rental apartments and houses or in government quarters we made the leap and bought a house!! OMG!! I have never been through such a scary process. The night we signed up our realtor I thought I was going to be sick.

We had looked all through Manhattan and couldn't find one in our price range. Let me rephrase that: we couldn't find any thing decent to live in within our means. So we expanded our area to include Wamego. A quant little town about 15 miles east of Manhattan where JR's grandparents, aunt and uncle and cousins live.

So we took a Saturday and drove around with our realtor. What a riot. Many houses, many rejections. Then we stopped on Walnut in front of a small home with a for sale sign outside it. Our realtor told us the listed price and we thought it was a bit outrageous. So much so that we had to look at it.



We walked in and both fell in love with the house. After much negotiation we signed for the house on Feb 28. Wow, we are now home owners! After moving in 1 April, the house is as settled as possible. I am still hanging pictures, I figured that will take a while. Considering my hesitation at this home ownership I must say I love it.



As you can see we have a LARGE yard. The house sits on two lots and there is a detached 2 car garage in the back. A small patio comes off the back door. It's enough room for my lawn table and chairs and a water fountain JR got me for my birthday.

It is a 1 1/2 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, full unfinished basement. This is our till they take us out on a stretcer!!

Everyone is welcome anytime to come and visit us. Our door is open and we can find a space for you to crash on.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Looks great! Congrats on taking the home ownership leap! Now you have the freedom to make it all your own. Have fun!

Sonja said...

It is scarey signing your life away. LOL But your going to love it. None of my rooms are Army white. Enjoy, and Good Luck!